Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catching up- Our Last Day in Guangzhou and Drive to Hong Kong

Catching up a little here. :)
Our last day in Guangzhou- bittersweet!   Because of the rain and the Pearl River cruise being canceled and re-scheduled for tonight, we were not returning to the island today since we did that in place of the cruise instead.  And because we are leaving for Hong Kong tonight, we will not get to do the Pearl River dinner cruise.   After breakfast, we decided to take a taxi to a place that was recommended to us by another adoptive parent- One Link Plaza toy and gift market.   It was like an 8 story indoor shopping center.  Each floor had tons and tons of little shops- each selling a certain type of item.  We saw shops with stuffed animals, shops with hair accessories, shops with items for the home, etc.  You name it, it was there!  We got some cool things, including knock-off Legos for super cheap!  They were awesome and we should have bought even more than we did because you will never find them for remotely that cheap here.  

After getting back to the hotel, we put Lena down for a nap and then Rick went off to Pizza Hut to get us a pizza for a quick lunch.   I got us packed up, we had our pizza, and it was time to head down to the hotel lobby to check-out, say some goodbyes, and get in the van to head to Hong Kong.   We definitely made some life-long friends with other families who were in Guangzhou with us.  The van ride to Hong Kong was pretty easy- about 3 hours and 15 min...we hit a little traffic.  We went past many cities I recognized from advocating for kids- Dongguan and Bao'an.  Of course going by Bao'an was emotional for me since there is a little boy waiting there who holds a very special place in my heart.  I so was wishing I could have just got off the interstate and went and got him.  Too bad it doesn't work that way.  If it is God's plan,  I may be doing that in the future.  We shall see.  We got out at the border and went through customs and immigration and then got back into the van.   We went through another stop where we had these things pointed at our heads.  It was really strange, but I later found out that it checks your temperature to make sure you are not super sick.   Glad I wasn't feeling the way I did the week before I left for China or they probably wouldn't have let me in!   We made it to our hotel in Hong Kong, got checked in and cleaned up, said our goodbyes to the Goble family, and headed to bed.   Big flight ahead!

 Lena hanging out in the van, headed towards Hong Kong!  It was bittersweet to leave China, her birth country, but so great to be one step closer to home and to the rest of our kids!
 Views from the van.

 Got a little chilly. :)

This was the exit for the little boy I am in love with.  ((HUGS)) sweet boy!  I am praying we can bring you home if a family does not come forward for you before we can get started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment